Water Ink . White Bone

very busy this last week.  Introductions 

Studio visits from critics, journalists, and gallery directors scheduled for next week.  So far, all offering reviews and commentary. Paola assists when translation is necessary.  This has added great value not only gaining exposure but hearing the critiques and viewpoints based on their knowledge and experience 
getting ready for studio visits
 n o t e b o o k s
the drawings and sculptural painting installations have favorable responses.  Comments of  'we want to see more' with strong suggestions I have these books for sale.  All agree to have them part of my exhibitions in the future.
 Paintings aren't finished...

Another visitor, a philosopher friend of Lorenzo's, - handled the notebooks with delicate care and curiosity.  Taking time as he turned each page, I watched.  His thoughtful interest appeared to be reading the lucid line drawings - of ink and water.

  the philosopher eyeing the ink narratives; a perfect intersection in that moment.  I thought to myself. 
********
 I came to MIRA with the intention of doing my art practice differently, for the time that I am here, to explore new ways of working and exhibiting.  I am encouraged to create these notebooks now, seeing they are of interest.  on offer.  an intimate  approach & understanding to my work.   

so in Lecce, I purchased this from a beautiful paper/leather/pen boutique Cartoleria Pantheon
notebook IV
a perfect scale 30cm x 35cm . bought two more in other sizes *owners have just offered to link these ink books on their site when finished!
 a new brush from a local hardware store. yep this is the width i need for the larger works.
***
I've spotted these discarded bones to and from Calimera, and wanted to photograph them for weeks now.


These bones are on my mind always. 
I want to paint their essence - attracted to how the soil and the surrounds cradle these sun bleached remains. 
I finally photograph them today

The next series of line & water Ink Drawings 
w h i t e
.
o s s e o u s



a trilogy
and now i will use that Umber Brown Ink and White Pelican wash wit
h Rosa



Comments