The Muse and true Gift

Vessel Merging 
  

 
commission - finished work in Feb 2013

a story.
long ago an elder, Greek fisherman gifted an amphora to my father.  I never knew the man's name.
The two had a lasting friendship until the day my family left Greece.

As a parting gift the friend presents his amphora as a bond of friendship. It was his prized possession retrieved from the Aegean long ago.  

A stunning treasure to gift away.  In that parting, a deeper unfolding began to unravel, that which  remains with no words yet carries a renewed myth of its own.
As the years pass my parents always honored the vessel in special lite niches of our homes...

Years after art school I found I was rendering vessel shapes - exploring its shape,
 its skin and form and essence onto paper . canvas . clay 
and still continue to this day.
a fes samples early '90s




 A myth-ology awakened, to continue a trail of inspiration, beauty and form.




Comments