long studio days...

red soil . seeding grounds

Week 9
reviewing the first quick entries to a notebook when i arrived - so much has shifted since those lines were written - in anticipation.
I had no concept of notebooks, nor the idea of ink drawings narratives - thanks to the stack of (watercolour) paper left over in the studio, and the miniature wooden works, an idea which just presented itself in a blink of an eye
 - like a quickening -
when I unpacked, the purchased canvases, to find plastic pockets of wood pegs stapled to the back of each canvas.
Instantly I thought, gesso these and paint on them.
*
I haven't posted the progression of my paintings.
 I intended to but very quickly realised, it would not work in this blog format for me. 
Not knowing why exactly. 
 As if the paintings carry far more emotional weight or intent.
To reveal them in stages before they are ready just doesn't work. 
An unveiling in another venue.
 Vernissage at the Scaramuzza Galleria.Lecce
eight paintings . two notebooks . twelve wood installations
day1. mira
it was like riding a wave!
*
here is a glimpse of one of my three (4 part) installation - this is titled Mare.Sea
Raffaele suggested by turning this sequence at a 30o angle they would hang stronger together
thank you Raffaele e Paola 
*
 the sound of approaching hoofs against pavement makes me rush every time for my camera. I cannot get a full shot of this pair!! 
Everytime!
This is the best one so far. They are fast for taking it slow around the town
finishing this post... 
 realizing I haven't drawn in years.
 in the waiheke island studio, I paint and occasionally work with non-fire clay.
The last time I did a series of drawings - in Jamestown Rhode Island
 winter . on the summer porch which I converted into a tempory studio . freezing!
*

Comments