Walking to Heaven's Door . Tongoriro Mount


On our Christmas Day 
we walked in the elements and over the course of the 8 hour trek we had all four seasons to experience.

A stunning day, though a bit wet at the top with the fog cloud misting down on us

These colors were extraordinary, the contrasts breathtaking ... 
 .
 we returned to a Christmas banquet and champagne awaiting us at the Chateau,
such a perfect way to celebrate Christmas with family in the Southern Hemisphere 

.
these paintings sold & shipped to Hong Kong and USA

Shimmering Moon trilogy

this: 
a three part series and installation my client put together. 
 the colors are not correct - very difficult to photo these works!!

Swept Seas 
 
Several days following, I receive a phone call from an art buyer who purchased two large works a year ago.  She has commissioned me to do another large work, requesting the colours of Gold hues, light olive greens, light yellow hues for a site specific interior.  I was amused as these were the very colours of our Christmas walk. I will definitely be references these colours and tones from Tongoriro.  
  The synchronicity of this commission pleases me! 

 I will share the stages of this large work starting today.. mixing the tubs of colours 





Comments