through the studio door

the MIRA studio door entrance - a beauty 
reminds me of NYC studio entrances of Chelsea and Soho!

 
 powdered pigments & iridescent oils
within this bag


window wide open it's a hot day to work.  Cooing doves somewhere near by, though can't spot them. This is a view from my studio of a neighbor's orchard and garden across the street,  ready for autumn plantings.
have started a number of paintings: it's a challenge working with 2nd grade oils- didn't want to spend too much money on these art materials.. if I have to I will return to the shop in Lecce..

...a long ways to go with my two teal works.. only the first layering is complete - Thoughts of NZ today, the oceans, color of my Pounamu stone, a light teal shade of greenstone.  It's too soon to post a photo of the teal diptych...

here are a series of six 250 x 250cm canvases, framing a center wood piece i found and have gessoed.   these are the 1st washes of ROSA Earth tones on my mind.

interesting this image hints of a cross.. haven't intended this 


Comments