studio Martignano

this is a useful metaphor for me, as I pass this gateway everyday to Calimera. A large abandoned section but will someday be elegant, no doubt.  I haven't  seen anyone working these stones since i arrived.  The walls are about finished on either side of the arch constructions.

The building blocks towards my paintings is happening slowly for sure. I am challenged. Having to use mediums I am not familiar with, and a limited number of colours, and the turps and linseed oils are not creating the wash and layering effects I am aiming for.
so a slower pace all round -  studio and village flow merging
 these are not finished - just 1st and 2nd layers
diptych.. something is happening slowly!  1st draft!




two trilogies: ROSA EARTH . TERRA ROSA series 2nd wash only 














larger trilogy canvas with wood centre.... at this stage will stay.. wood may go as this work evolves

reviewing my ink drawings and observe a hawk like eye in many of the a landscape...

Comments