the entry to my quarters 
 I see this vine view from my bed, waking to this as i walk past these ripening grapes 
under my head
through the courtyard 
a grape arbour.
Perfect 

symbol
 enjoyment . feeling . unfolding . greening . ripening
 take this adventure as it comes....

All is unfolding well.  Taking each day as it comes.  I am so appreciating.  No schedules, no Facebook, no meals to prepare, no must do emails or appointments. Taking time for myself to focus on painting and writing wth huge support from family and friends.

I have needed these four days to slowly acclimate to these wonderful surroundings.  

Though, no jet lag per se just a sensory overload, so I relax most of yesterday - is day three.  After Paolo, the programme director who is warm and dynamic, her english excellant, shows me a few pointers and the studio spaces just down the road around the mend, a seven minute walk.  They are large utility spaces once a middle school,  no longer needed. We each get a large studio for ourselves. These rooms come with wide open windows... 

Tomorrow: Lecce, only 12 km away, and considered the Florence of southern Italy. our first stop is to buy art supplies where we can find whatever we need for our studio work.  I hunch Lecce will be a place i return to many times!  



Comments

guppy8 said…
Hi Gabrielle what a fantasic studio entrance, I can feel the freedom - the space - the potencial ! I am excited for you - a new perspective, climate, community. Congratuations on the NZ trade and industry expo - this is fantastic news - at last bussiness supporting arts. I have just returned for a trip to wellington by train, on the return journey i did 40 sketches , each 30 seconds of veiws - the landscape is so rich and full of spring - mimosia lime yellow everywhere - i plan to do a series 'from the main truck line'. Lecce - oh Lecce my memories of it are fresh and beautiful - wish i could join you for a coffee in one of the many magical courtyards and gaze apon thousands of carved door ways ! sending lots of love sarah